Business Systems Analyst
About This Job:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000 - $110,000
Experience Level: Mid Level
Remote Details: Fully Remote, working Business Hours Central Time
Why Choose Susco
You'll benefit from having an influence on the technical direction of our projects, thoughtful career development, a healthy mix of management and development tasks, and transparency (no office politics). Our success lies in our amazing staff, which we have because of our people-centric culture (4.9/5.0 Employer Rating on Glassdoor).
Susco is headquartered in the Greater New Orleans Area, has a national remote workforce, and is one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the US (we are 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 Inc 5000 honorees).
We’re fans of the American Dream, and therefore operate as a compassionate meritocracy which treats all stakeholders (employees, clients, vendors, and the community) based on tenants of conscious capitalism.
You can learn more about how our team feels about us by checking out employee testimonials here.
The BSA will serve as a liaison between business subject matter experts and the development team to assist in meeting corporate and compliance standards as well as serving a more technical role in designing and documenting systems.
High Level Responsibilities:
- They will be responsible for gathering and documenting business requirements and functional specifications, as well as supporting multiple Software Development projects.
- They will be responsible for creating Documentation for Existing un-Documented Systems, performing Data Analysis, Documenting Legacy Client Systems for Rebuild, and Designing Schema
- Direct Report to the Director of Projects
- Pre-Sale Discovery, Business Analysis, and Systems Analysis as an input to estimates and proposals
- Post-Sale Discovery, Business Analysis, and Systems Analysis as an input to project plans
- BA Duties
- Project Needs Analysis
- Discovery / Requirements Gathering
- Developing Conceptual Data Models
- Developing Project Charters
- Stakeholder Goals
- Success Metrics
- Business Case
- High Level Business Requirements
- Developing Functional Requirements
- Developing Wireframes
- Developing Test Plans for QA
- Developing Training & Support Documentation
- Systems Analysis Duties
- System Documentation
- Retrieving and analyzing data via SQL
- Analyzing legacy schema and documenting legacy domain
- Re-Designing legacy schema for to-be schema
- Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Schema Data Modeling
- Documenting existing systems from a business usage / domain aspect, technical writing
- Collaborate with external & internal stakeholder (not limited to)
- Non-Technical Personnel
- Susco Vendors
- Client Vendors
- Misc. Technical Responsibilities
- Project Coordination
- QA Testing
- First-line customer support
- Data Analysis
- Report Writing (Crystal, SSRS or some other tool, preferred)
Growth Opportunities – some short and long term
- Project Manager
- Engagement Manager
- Sales Engineer
- 5+ years’ experience as a developer or BA or SA
- 3+ years of experience working in different phases of software development lifecycle, including application design and implementation experience
- 3+ years of experience writing system requirements
- 2+ years professional SQL
Hard Skill Requirements
- Requirements elicitation and documentation
- Technical writing
- Proficient in database schema design based on client requirements
- Proficient in SQL data analysis and reporting
- Proficient in managing databases with database provided IDEs (SSMS, pgAdmin, psql, etc)
- Proficient in SQL Server Management Studio
- Proficient in SQL data migrations
Soft Skill Requirements
- Excellent Verbal and Communication Skills
- Active listening
- Dealing with conflict
- Quality client service techniques
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Strategic thinking
- 15 days annual PTO, 8 holidays
- Heath, Life, Dental, & Vision Insurance, Long & Short Term Disability, 401(k)
- Company Leadership dedicated to personal & professional growth
- Any employee can refer a new client and get 5% of year one’s revenue, and 2.5% thereafter.
- Quarterly bonuses based on company performance
- 3 days annual self-directed learning days
- Paid lunches 2-3 times per week
- Remote work as needed to accommodate personal matters
- Ad-Hoc wellness based gifts, subsidized meditation training
- Company Outings: happy hours, crawfish boils, long lunches, go-karting
- Video games consoles onsite
To enable people to contribute in more fulfilling and meaningful ways.
To transform organizations with intuitive software. Our software frees people from tedious work, removes painful recurring costs, and allows organizations to control their own data, workflow, and user-experience.
Growth: We believe we can create a better world by constantly growing as individuals, resulting in growth for the Company and growth for our clients.
Communication: We believe everyone deserves to feel like they have been heard and understood. We don’t complain about things under our control. We accept constructive criticism dispassionately.
Action: We believe we don't have good days, we make them. We believe in being proactive and not reactive. Passivity leads to a lack of involvement, while our focus is on creating the future. We don't complain, we identify and solve problems.
Teamwork: We believe that we are human beings first, coworkers second. We strive to be cognizant as people with lives outside of this office. As a high-performance organization, there are times of high stress. In those times, we rally to get the job done and we recognize our behavior and performance impacts our team.
Efficiency: We believe in learning from our mistakes the first time. We believe there is a time and place for complex solutions for complex problems. We also have the ability to decompose complex problems into simpler problems. When we see a problem or inefficiency, we have both the responsibility and the ability to propose solutions.