Intermediate Software Engineer
About This Job
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000- $100,000
Experience Level: Intermediate
Remote Details: Fully Remote, working Business Hours Central Time
Why Choose Susco
You'll benefit from having an influence on the technical direction of our projects, thoughtful career development, a healthy mix of management and development tasks, and transparency (no office politics). Our success lies in our amazing staff, which we have because of our people-centric culture (4.9/5.0 Employer Rating on Glassdoor).
Susco is headquartered in the Greater New Orleans Area, has a national remote workforce, and is one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the US (we are 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 Inc 5000 honorees).
We’re fans of the American Dream, and therefore operate as a compassionate meritocracy which treats all stakeholders (employees, clients, vendors, and the community) based on tenants of conscious capitalism.
You can learn more about how our team feels about us by checking out employee testimonials here.
What We're Looking For
Susco Solutions is seeking an Intermediate Software Developer ready to take the next step in their career path.
What We Do
We work with mid-market enterprises to build their internal business software, mobile workforce apps, legacy system conversions, and perform complicated systems integration. Our primary development platforms are C# .NET for web services, Angular or Kendo UI for Frontend, and Ionic for mobile apps.
- 5 Years web development experience
- Skilled in Database schema design and analysis
- Skilled in Complex SQL Queries and Operations
- Skilled in A Server-side language such as C#, Java, Ruby, Python, or PHP
- Skilled in Git usage
- Experience to common integration protocols including but not limited to REST.
- Conceptually design systems based on business requirements
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Willingness to drive assigned tickets to completion in a fast-moving environment
Nice to Have
- C# Expertise
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with Kendo UI
- Experience with Angular
- Azure experience
- Linux experience
- Mobile development experience
- BS/BA degree
Responsibilities: PM / Client Coordination
- Ensuring time and progress data is accurate in the project management system
- Assisting with the development of scope documents and budgets for new work
- Creation of WBS/tasks to accomplish project requirements
- Client communication - Product Owners, Stakeholders, Internal IT
Responsibilities: Software Development
- Application Development, primarily ASP.NET (C#.NET)
- Requirements analysis
- Database Design and Maintenance
- Perform work within allotted hourly budgets and within specific timeframes
- 15 days annual PTO, 8 holidays
- Heath, Life, Dental, & Vision Insurance, Long & Short-Term Disability, 401(k)
- Company Leadership dedicated to personal & professional growth
- Any employee can refer a new client and get 5% of year one’s revenue, and 2.5% thereafter.
- Quarterly bonuses based on company performance
- 3 days annual self-directed learning days
- Paid lunches 2-3 times per week
- Fully Remote, except for the occasionally all-hands, estimated to be once per 3 months once COVID issues are resolved. Travel will be paid.
- Ad-Hoc wellness-based gifts, subsidized meditation training
- Company Outings: happy hours, crawfish boils, long lunches, go-karting
- Video games consoles onsite