Technical Project Manager
About This Job:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000 - $150,000
Experience Level: Manager
Remote Details: Fully Remote, working Business Hours Central Time
Why Choose Susco
You'll benefit from having an influence on the technical direction of our projects, thoughtful career development, a healthy mix of management and development tasks, and transparency (no office politics). Our success lies in our amazing staff, which we have because of our people-centric culture (4.9/5.0 Employer Rating on Glassdoor).
Susco is headquartered in the Greater New Orleans Area, has a national remote workforce, and is one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the US (we are 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 Inc 5000 honorees). We develop custom web-based business software with a focus on legacy system conversions. Our primary development platforms are C# .NET for web services and Ionic/Cordova for mobile apps.
We’re fans of the American Dream, and therefore operate as a compassionate meritocracy which treats all stakeholders (employees, clients, vendors, and the community) based on tenants of conscious capitalism.
You can learn more about how our team feels about us by checking out employee testimonials here.
This individual will work directly under the Director of Projects. They will work with clients, and client vendors to grasp a complete understanding of multiple simultaneous projects’ scope, and effectively communicate this to the development team and other stakeholders.
This is a full-time, not contract, WFH position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage client expectations in regards to schedule, budget, and quality
- Research, design, and plan mobile, web, database, or application software
- Work with developers and architects to create work breakdown structures and project schedules considering resource availability and skillset.
- Manage the workflow of the software development life cycle from scoping, to design, development, QA, production implementation and post launch support.
- Gather business requirements and work with Tech Leads to develop technical specifications.
- Design database schema
- Reverse Engineer legacy software to create functional requirements from the user interface and/or code standpoint
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work with the QA department to validate development output in terms of both functionality and quality.
- Review and validate time entries from development team.
- Own the cost, quality, and scope of projects that they manage.
- Be able to design and manage the development of software around complex business processes.
- Sales Support
- Assist the Director of Sales in sales calls with potential customers to talk to our PM process and gather requirements.
- Work directly with the sales department, clients and developers to produce estimates and proposals for software development.
- When managing projects, work with the client product owners to identify potential future scope to enhance their software.
- When managing projects, work with clients to identify other software development needs.
- Manage the proposal process for project change orders.
- 7-10+ years of work experience
- preferably working as a Business Analyst first and then transitioning to Project Management
- 5+ years of recent project management experience in software development
- 2+ year of Software Development Life Cycle experience (analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation) and Design Patterns experience.
- Have a technical background, preferably recent SQL, .NET, or iOS experience.
- Ability to read and write SQL queries.
- Experience working with Enterprise-level clients
- Experience working in agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Experience performing business analysis for software development projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high bar for quality
- Knowledge of source control systems like Git, SVN, etc.
Nice-to-have Qualifications (** strongly):
- **PMP Certification
- **Experience working as a Scrum Master
- Recent software development experience in web development or mobile app development
- 15 days annual PTO, 8 holidays
- Heath, Life, Dental, & Vision Insurance, Long & Short Term Disability, 401(k)
- Company Leadership dedicated to personal & professional growth
- Any employee can refer a new client and get 5% of year one’s revenue, and 2.5% thereafter.
- Quarterly bonuses based on company performance
- 3 days annual self-directed learning days
- Paid lunches 2-3 times per week
- Remote work as needed to accommodate personal matters
- Ad-Hoc wellness based gifts, subsidized meditation training
- Company Outings: happy hours, crawfish boils, long lunches, go-karting
- Video games consoles onsite
To enable people to contribute in more fulfilling and meaningful ways.
To transform organizations with intuitive software. Our software frees people from tedious work, removes painful recurring costs, and allows organizations to control their own data, workflow, and user-experience.
Growth: We believe we can create a better world by constantly growing as individuals, resulting in growth for the Company and growth for our clients.
Communication: We believe everyone deserves to feel like they have been heard and understood. We don’t complain about things under our control. We accept constructive criticism dispassionately.
Action: We believe we don't have good days, we make them. We believe in being proactive and not reactive. Passivity leads to a lack of involvement, while our focus is on creating the future. We don't complain, we identify and solve problems.
Teamwork: We believe that we are human beings first, coworkers second. We strive to be cognizant as people with lives outside of this office. As a high-performance organization, there are times of high stress. In those times, we rally to get the job done and we recognize our behavior and performance impacts our team.
Efficiency: We believe in learning from our mistakes the first time. We believe there is a time and place for complex solutions for complex problems. We also have the ability to decompose complex problems into simpler problems. When we see a problem or inefficiency, we have both the responsibility and the ability to propose solutions.